What is a Reality Show?
A show that features talent culled from the ranks of ordinary or extra ordinary people, not professionally trained actors. A show full of drama, comedy, fighting and many times scripted. Many reality show producers encourage participants to play to the cameras as characters or use private taped conversations, called confessionals, as a form of narration.
What happened is Rajya Sabha yesterday 29th December 2011 was somewhat similar, there was drama, full of comedy, some sensible talks and in the end we came to know that it was all scripted.
Some of the highlights that were exceptional:
- The Rajya Sabha preceding started with exceptional speech by Arun Jaitley: Slams govt. for ‘constitutional cocktail’
- Omar Abdullah tweeted: All said & done one has to accept that the BJP makes very effective opening attacks in both the Lok Sabha & the Rajya Sabha……Full Detail
- Abhishek Manu Singhvi tried his level best to counter Arun Jaitley and we witnessed some sharp exchanges between both leaders: “Should birth of a Lokpal mean automatic destruction of every other institution? A 10 year old CVC, a 70 year old CBI?”
- Ram Jethmalani took debate from Lokpal to Black money said “Ram Jethmalani says Rajiv Gandhi had Black Money in his Swiss Account in 1991″
- Time kept passing and everyone was in dilemma whats Next?
- Media houses claimed their source had news on fixed cricket match (Rajya Sabha debate)
- RJD MP Rajniti Prasad tears papers, protests against Lokpal
- Was it a planning to kill time?
- Opposition questioned what will happen after 12:00 AM, when the calendar date December 29, 2011, comes to an end, and with it the three-day extension of the Winter Session of Parliament.
- Chairman Hamid Ansari answered: “We will finish before midnight.” Though he was found asking same from Secretariat, to which he replied can be extended if house agrees. But with less than 40 minutes to midnight, Mr Narayanasamy is still replying to the debate, hoarse now as he tries to make himself heard over the din. For chaos continues in the Rajya Sabha.
- The House was adjourned after the SP, RJD and the created chaos. BJP cried foul at the disruption of House proceedings. It alleges that the chaos is a Congress conspiracy to avoid the vote. So has the Trinamool Congress, which says it wants a discussion and vote on the amendments it has sought.
- The Rajya Sabha reconvened and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal made statement on short of time as over 100 amendments moved need thorough discussion.
- BJP’s Arun Jaitley said: We are ready to sit the whole night. It is ironical that today I speak for the majority and the government is running away because it is in a hopeless minority. A government which did not have the numbers in the House has consciously choreographed this drama so that the debate is not concluded. If a government wants to run away from passing such an important Bill then they have no right to rule in this country. My appeal is that the House will decide till when to sit, not the government.
- Chairman Hamid Ansari said, “An unprecedented situation has arisen. There appears to be a desire to out-shout each other. There is a total impasse. The House cannot be conducted in this noise…I am afraid that with such noise, we all had better go home.”
- At the stroke of midnight, the Rajya Sabha has been adjourned sine die. Without a Lokpal vote.
- Arun Jaitley: This was the biggest fraud on democracy.
- Venky naidu: govt darpook log hai bhag gaye…
- atleast digvijay cant say rss hand in adjourning
#rajyasabha. Coz hamid ansari was in the chair
- Govt is in minority.- Jaitley. So now even they will ask for reservation.
- Congress ne aaj desh ka 12 bajaya hain. Bahut jald desh inka 12 bajayega!
#TimeCheck #Rajyasabha #Loksabha #RJD minister ne socha na rahega baans aur na bajega baja, Bill ko hi faad diya lekin Narain swami ka hi gala faat gaya #lokpal #rajyasabha @digvijaya_28 Sir I have never voted for BJP but after what I saw in RajyaSabha y’day, I am ashamed of UPA. So UPA lost my vote forever now
- Lalla lalla lori,
#Lokpal ki katori, Lokpal main phir addanga, #Anna karega tamasha… #RajyaSabha
- When he was in school, I suspect
#rajnitiprasadmust have torn the answer sheets of the boy / girl who came first in class. #rajyasabha @bhupendrachaube Awesome job! You exposed the Mohammed Asifs and the salman Butts of our parliament! #RajnitiPrasad #RajyaSabha