India is a country of diversity with various religions, caste, culture and regions. India is also land of many festivals and it is not a surprise that marriages in India are also celebrates as a Festival. Marriage is most memorable event for everyone across world but Indians do it in a style. Every religion, culture, caste and regions of India has their own style, rituals, customs or tradition for this auspicious occasion. It takes years of planning by parents, who start their plan from the birth of child.
Even when I was getting married I tried to make sure that my marriage has all the rituals, customs and traditions that an actual Rajputana marriage should, like entry on an Elephant.
Now days everyone wants to do something different in their marriage, be it revolving JaiMal stage or Bride coming out of big lotus flower or Groom coming with Elephant ride. Nearly more than 1000 cr are spent every year on weddings and receptions. Marriages has become a billion dollar industry, therefore just about everyone is a potential user. Either a person is involved in his wedding or person managing someone else wedding. Cities like Delhi had a record 30000 marriages on a single day; it shows a sizable market potential for this line of business. It is not just Indians but many foreigners are interested in Indian kind of wedding.
Marriage market is huge and has many things to offer but there is no awareness. Marriages are like a big project or event and require Project management/coordination/Event Coordination. Need of the hour is a full service website that provides complete consulting services for weddings online. “Vivah Pandit” can acts as a coordinator for everyone to help in achieving their marriage dreams.
The market needs for wedding planning services are strongly shaped by the customers’ desire to have a perfectly planned and executed wedding ceremony. Brides & grooms and family member’s plan and budget for the wedding ceremony as far as a year or more in advance, later realizes that they cannot make all the necessary preparations by themselves in a cost effective manner. Strongly affected by the established social values, such customers seek professional advice to ensure that all the important aspects of the wedding ceremony meet or exceed perceived expectations.
The wedding services market is fragmented with the irresistible majority of the incumbents offering only a limited line of services. There are numerous florists, hair stylists, and caterers to choose from. However, there are almost no companies that will provide the full range of services associated with the wedding planning and execution.
A one stop product or Services to make your marriage memorable may include:
– Project Planning and charting
– Templates for type of Marriage
– Budgeting /Event scheduling
– Assigning tasks supporting to family members
– Dashboard view of pending completed and follows up tasks.
– Providing Service referrals
- Lawn/farms/hotel/guest house booking
- Photo shoot
- Florists, hair stylists, entertainers, musicians, etc.
– Honeymoon booking
– Answers to etiquette questions (Q&A)
– Wedding updates
– Networking and advices.
The keys to success for such product on web will be because of:
– Ease of Product Usability for users
– A one stop solution for all wedding needs be it “Mundup”, catering, Bridal Makeup or JaiMal stage.
– Market research on each and every types of wedding and needs of wedding. So that a user just needs to mention the type of marriage he/she wishes to do and all options and steps are available for them to complete their wedding dreams.
– Aggressive business development to attract for referrals programs in supporting services to the users.
– Maintain Public Relations and always in search of sponsors.
– Organizing event time to time and writing blogs around the industry to create an ecosystem around the program.
May be some day robots might help you to manage marriages but till then we can look for a “Vivah Pandit”.